Handicapped Parking Placards

How to Obtain a Permanent Placard

  • Call MVC at 609-292-6500 or 888-486-3339 toll free in NJ for an application (ISM/SP-41)
  • Complete front side of the application and have a physician complete the certification portion on the back
  • Mail the completed application to:
    Motor Vehicle Commission
    Special Plate Unit
    P.O. Box 015
    Trenton, NJ 08666 to 0015
  • You will be mailed a placard and a handicapped ID Card at no charge.

How to Get a Temporary Placard

View information about how to get a temporary placard (PDF).