If you are a qualified Veteran, Widow of a Veteran, Senior Citizen, Disabled Person, or Surviving Spouse, you may be eligible for deductions which reduce your property tax liability by $250.
- The appropriate claim form must me filed with the municipal assessor.
- Veterans must have served during periods specified in state law.
- A senior citizen must be over 65 as of December 31 of the pre-tax year.
- The claimant must be the owner and permanent resident in the dwelling and a legal resident of New Jersey.
- A surviving spouse must be at least 55 years old and not re-married.
For more information, visit the New Jersey Division of Taxation website.